We’re growing our team and now have an opportunity available for a Settlements Analyst. The role primarily involves the creation of accurate and timely statements in order to reconcile and settle complex and data-heavy transactions.
Flexitricity connects flexible electricity customers to money.
Flexitricity is Britain’s leading demand response business, providing short-notice response and reserve energy which is cheaper and greener than conventional power stations. Flexitricity plays a key role in the renewable revolution and in the electrification of heat and transport.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated demand-side response services (DSR) for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity aggregates small generators, energy storage sites and flexible commercial and industrial energy users, making their capacity available to utilities for periods of stress in electricity systems. Participating generators, batteries and loads are owned by third-party industrial and commercial energy users who partner with Flexitricity to profit from their flexibility.
To complement the core DSR offer, in October 2018 Flexitricity launched a unique energy supply offering, Flexitricity+. Flexitricity+ provides transparent market access for combined heat and power operators, battery developers, merchant generators and energy-intensive industrial sites. Using our 24-hour control room and live smart grid platform, we monetise the flexibility of our customers in on-the-day markets such as the Balancing Mechanism.
About the role
The opportunity – a growing market for flexibility and great opportunity ahead being unlocked by the growth in electricity storage and the electrification of transport and heat.
The role – a genuine opportunity to strengthen and develop a unique service in an exciting industry.
The location – in the heart of one of the best cities to live and work in Europe.
The team – working with highly skilled and motivated individuals.
Flexitricity’s job is to earn the best return for a diverse set of assets and customers using the flexible capacity they have available at the time. As part of that process it is vital we are able to create accurate and timely statements in order to reconcile and settle complex and data-heavy transactions.
The GB electricity market is highly specialised and in constant transformation. Ensuring that settlement processes keep up with evolving regulations and opportunities will be challenging, although there are experienced team members around to mentor and support this role. Balancing of immediate needs with long-term objectives is a constant challenge.
This role is part of the Settlements team within Finance & Admin.
As part of a small team, the purpose of the role is to:
- Prepare and verify regular statement creation;
- Reconcile and validate all supporting data;
- Analyse the settlement data to provide business and customer insight;
- Support the delivery of data through to financial and accounting systems;
- Manage and develop the databases which support these processes;
- Create an effective link between settlement and finance personnel;
- Drive efficiency through design and automation of settlement processes
- Educated to degree level in a technical or numerate discipline
- Evidence of strong data management skills in relational databases
- Intermediate T-SQL skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including VBA
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and originate creative solutions
- Capable of delivering within regular deadlines
- Energy market knowledge, especially electricity
- Worked within or supported a finance organisation, including a working knowledge of finance system interfaces
- Experience with data reporting tools
- Proactive and highly reliable
- Capable of independent thought and action
- A team player, willing to get involved in tasks across the business
- Balances attention to detail with commercial focus
- Driven to deliver efficiency
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic business.
The current business provides the platform for exceptional growth and the launch of new services in high-growth emerging sectors. Progression within the settlements team or into the wider IT-biased organisation is available.
Employees and offices
The business is based in central Edinburgh, employs around 50 full-time staff and occupies a superb office space overlooking Edinburgh Castle. The team is expert and dedicated to commercially optimising the flexibility of power assets and positively contributing to the decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitisation of Britain’s power system.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100