Flexitricity connects flexible electricity customers to money.
Flexitricity is Britain’s leading demand-side response (DSR) business, providing short-notice response and reserve energy which is cheaper and greener than conventional power stations. Flexitricity plays a key role in the renewable revolution and in the electrification of heat and transport as we strive toward net zero.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated DSR for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity aggregates small generators, energy storage sites and flexible industrial and commercial energy users, making their capacity available to National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) for periods of stress in electricity systems. Participating assets are owned by third-party companies who partner with Flexitricity to profit from their flexibility.
To complement the core DSR offer, in October 2018 Flexitricity launched a unique energy supply offering, Flexitricity+. Flexitricity+ provides transparent market access for combined heat and power operators, battery developers, merchant generators and energy-intensive industrial sites. Using our 24-hour control room and live smart grid platform, we monetise the flexibility of our customers in the energy markets and the Balancing Mechanism. In 2020, this market access widened as we took flexibility into the Balancing Mechanism as a Virtual Lead Party for the first time.
Flexitricity is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.
About the role
The Services Administrator role covers two important areas of the business.
Firstly, the position involves the coordination of data and information relating to the Flexitricity’s multiple contractual agreements within the GB Capacity Market. You will take ownership for managing Flexitricity’s responsibilities under these contracts, engaging and reporting to internal stakeholders and external bodies, including National Grid.
Secondly, the Services Administrator will be engaged in the management of, and associated administration relating to, third party suppliers who underpin Flexitricity’s service delivery. To ensure Flexitricity’s service delivery and revenue growth, we are currently supported by 8-10 external parties with whom on-going engagement and data sharing is required.
Reporting to the Balancing Services Manager, the Services Administrator should expect to split their time evenly between internal and external tasks and will be enjoy a high degree of autonomy in workload management. In additional, the role demands a level of data manipulation and analysis.
Flexitricity is recognised as the premium provider in its sector, and you will be expected to uphold this brand position by how you engage with the market.
Core duties will include:
- Data review, analysis, and timely, accurate completion of requests
- Query management and resolution,
- Relationship development and contract management with third party providers,
- Recording, analysing, and reporting on performance of individual contracts,
- Liaison with external parties, including National Grid and Elexon
- Maintenance of Flexitricity contracts via external web portals and online systems,
- Collaboration with Flexitricity’s Trading, Operations and Account Management Teams to ensure service delivery to Energy Partners through accuracy of data and maintenance of third-party relations,
- Identification of areas of risk and/or improvement and develop methods of streamlining existing processes,
- The requirement to understand technical information and articulate this (internally and externally) in a succinct manner,
- Helping the business understand and influence regulatory and policy matters, and
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for the Flexitricity brand.
This role requires an enthusiastic, organised, proactive and driven Services Administrator with the following:
- This role requires an enthusiastic and confident individual who can ideally evidence 2 years+ experience in an external-facing role,
- Demonstrate capacity to work within a wider team as well as autonomously,
- Above-average proficiency of Excel is required (complex formulae, macros, and pivot-tables),
- Confidence on the phone is a necessity,
- Able to schedule your workload according to priorities and work with minimal supervision,
- Desire to shine in a small team,
- The ability to inspire and motivate others,
- Excellent communication and people skills,
- Good planning and organisational abilities, and
- Can work calmly under pressure.
- Detailed energy market knowledge in gas and electricity markets
- Experience of Salesforce CRM (or similar platform) would be beneficial.
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic industry-leading business.
- Highly professional; respected industry leaders
- Flexible and informal
- Fun, but hard working and focused
- Superb offices in central Edinburgh
You will be based within Flexitricity’s office in Edinburgh. Note that all Flexitricity employees are working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic, and we support flexible working.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100