The Lead Analyst will play a prominent role in building out our analytical capability, supporting critical decision making and communicating it across the business.
The Company is in a development and growth phase and relies on the flexibility and innovative skills of its employees to ensure success. The work environment will reflect this dynamic period while maintaining high corporate standards. The company has a superb open plan office in central Edinburgh and offers and fun but hardworking and focused working environment reflective of the flexible and informal culture of the company.
Flexitricity operates in real-time energy markets, delivering flexible electricity capacity at optimised prices to National Grid, distribution networks and other market participants. Our job is to earn the best return for our customers using the flexible capacity they have available at the time.
About the role
The Lead Analyst will play a prominent role in building out our analytical capability, supporting critical decision making and communicating it across the business. The role covers all aspects of analytics within the business, including reporting, dashboarding, handling data requests, KPI development and delivering long-form analysis to stakeholders. The role is also expected to communicate insights to external stakeholders.
The Lead Analyst will have line management responsibility for an analytics team and will work with them to deliver data-driven insights, in the most appropriate way, using industry best practice. The role will also involve working closely with the Head of Data, data scientists and data engineers to enhance existing products and ensure new development work aligns with other data and company initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining KPI tracking dashboards.
- Performing one-off, deep-dive analysis on a range of topics.
- Lead, motivate and manage an analytics team.
- Overseeing the delivery of team’s work.
- Actively develop and support the ongoing professional development of the analytics team, including mentoring and conducting appraisal reviews for all line reports.
- Be an advocate for the appropriate use of analytics and BI tools to support the wider organisational objectives.
- Developing a deep understanding of the company’s data assets.
Required skills and qualifications
- High-quality degree in a technical or mathematical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar analysis role.
- Evidence of strong data analysis skills in Python and SQL.
- Strong background in the use of BI tools (Power BI, Dash, etc).
- Ability to communicate analytical work clearly to stakeholders with a range of technical experience.
- Line management experience.
- An understanding of financial analysis and metrics.
- Advanced IT skills in MS Office, SQL, Python.
- Data modelling experience.
- An understanding of electricity markets in Great Britain, specifically in the optimisation of gas peaking and battery storage assets.
- Experience working with Git.
- Data manipulation using PySpark or similar.
- Working with MS Azure and Databricks.
- ETL/ELT and Data Warehousing processes.
- Proactive and highly reliable.
- A team player, willing to get involved in tasks across the business.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and originate creative solutions.
- Balances attention to detail with commercial focus customer service-orientated approach.
- Able to perform effectively under pressure with good personal organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence, and we offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic industry-leading business which is playing a critical role in the transition to a zero-carbon future.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100