The continued success of the company, widening market and new services have created the requirement to add an Account Manager to our team.
Flexitricity connects flexible electricity customers to money.
Flexitricity is Britain’s leading demand-side response (DSR) business, providing short-notice response and reserve energy which is cheaper and greener than conventional power stations. Flexitricity plays a key role in the renewable revolution and in the electrification of heat and transport as we strive toward net zero.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated DSR for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity aggregates small generators, energy storage sites and flexible industrial and commercial energy users, making their capacity available to National Grid and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) for periods of stress in electricity systems. Participating assets are owned by third-party companies who partner with Flexitricity to profit from their flexibility.
To complement the core DSR offer, in October 2018 Flexitricity launched a unique energy supply offering, Flexitricity+. Flexitricity+ provides transparent market access for combined heat and power operators, battery developers, merchant generators and energy-intensive industrial sites. Using our 24-hour control room and live smart grid platform, we monetise the flexibility of our customers in the energy markets and the Balancing Mechanism. In 2020, this market access widened as we took flexibility into the Balancing Mechanism as a Virtual Lead Party for the first time.
Flexitricity is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.
About the role
Flexitricity operates in real-time energy markets, delivering flexible electricity capacity at optimised prices to National Grid, DNOs and other market participants. Our job is to earn the best return for our customers using the flexible capacity they have available at the time.
The continued success of the company, widening market and new services have created the requirement to add an Account Manager to our team. Working within our existing Account Management team and reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for managing a number of Energy Partner relationships. You will be their primary contact within Flexitricity, will be tasked with improving organic growth within these accounts and will have responsibility for managing and developing the business relationship.
You will need to understand energy sector strategies and legislation that directly or indirectly impact on Flexitricity’s service provision. You will be required to support across business functions, including Sales, Operations, IT and Trading, in managing Energy Partner queries. You will contribute to and lead internal and external performance reviews focusing on improvement opportunities that will help achieve organic growth targets. You will also support the Business Development team with sales related activity, helping to manage and develop new sales opportunities.
Full training will be provided, but an understanding of Flexitricity’s sector and the factors influencing its development will be required. An existing professional network in some of the above areas will also be beneficial.
Flexitricity is recognised as the premium provider in its sector and you will be expected to uphold this brand position by how you engage with the market.
Core duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for assigned Energy Partners, including all aspects of communication, service and support;
- Contribute to and lead performance reviews internally and externally;
- Work with Flexitricity’s Trading, Operations and Balancing Services Teams to maximise commercial returns from Energy Partners’ electrical flexibility;
- Introduce new market or product opportunities to existing portfolio of Energy Partners;
- Work alongside Business Development team to proactively seek new sales opportunities and be responsible for building your own sales pipeline;
- Where appropriate, project manage the onboarding of new sites through to live operation;
- Champion Energy Partner issues internally, identifying areas of risk and develop methods of streamlining existing processes;
- Management of Energy Partner contracts and renewals;
- Writing financial reports and tender submissions;
- Ability to understand technical information and articulate this (internally and externally) in a succinct manner;
- Helping the business understand and influence regulatory and policy matters;
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for the Flexitricity brand; and
- Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
This role requires an enthusiastic, organised, proactive and driven Account Manager with the following:
- At least two years’ account management experience within the energy sector;
- An understanding of Flexitricity’s sector and the factors influencing its development;
- Knowledge of energy markets and regulatory changes that affect Flexitricity’s Energy Partners;
- Good business acumen;
- The ability to inspire and motivate others;
- Initiative and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrate capacity to work within a wider team as well as autonomously;
- An ability to grasp technical concepts (experience working in a technical role would be beneficial);
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Good planning and organisational abilities;
- Can work calmly under pressure;
- Good academic skills, including report and budget writing;
- Competent IT capabilities, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook; and
- A full UK driving licence.
- Detailed energy market knowledge in gas and electricity markets
- Experience of Salesforce CRM (or similar platform) would be beneficial.
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic industry-leading business.
- Highly professional; respected industry leaders
- Flexible and informal
- Fun, but hard working and focused
- Superb offices in central Edinburgh
You will be based within Flexitricity’s office in Edinburgh, but will spend some of your time visiting prospects, clients, partners and other market stakeholders around GB. You will need to attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions. Note that all Flexitricity employees are working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic and we support flexible working.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100