Monetizing battery storage - Q&A with Flexitricity
Published by Helle Taylor 15 / 08 / 18
Flexitricity’s CEO Ron Ramage, Head of Business Development Andy Lowe and Senior Business Development Manager Cameron Welsh will be answering any questions you have on monetizing battery storage projects in our next Q&A video - including accessing Balancing Mechanism, frequency response and Capacity Market revenue.
> Submit your question HERE (by 7th September). <
The battery storage sector in the UK is set to grow from 60 MW in 2016 to up to 12GW by the end of 2021. The UK is uniquely placed to develop a world-leading battery industry and to take advantage of new technologies as they emerge. There are undoubtedly very attractive opportunities in this growing sector for investors, developers and industrial and commercial businesses alike.
However, as more and more battery storage enters the market and competes for frequency response revenue, the likelihood of price erosion and tender rejections is steadily increasing. That’s why Flexitricity, along with National Grid, encourages storage developers to remain flexible and not build a business case solely on frequency response revenue.
Want to chat in person? Give us a call on 0 131 221 8100 or email email@example.com
We’ll also be speaking and / or exhibiting at the following events over the next few months - come say hi:
- 4th September - Scottish Renewables Solar Conference Edinburgh
- 12 – 13th September – Future Resource, Birmingham
- 14th September – Utilities Disruption Day (Morgan Stanley), London
- 11th October Aurora Battery Storage and Flexibility Conference, London
- 16th – 18th October - Solar & Storage Live expo and awards gala, Birmingham (Flexitricity has been nominated for an award in the Storage Business Model Innovation of the Year category)
- 30th October – Battery Storage Event (The Energyst), London
- 21 – 22 November – EMEX, London
Get in touch today
Book a call with one of our energy market specialists to find out if you can participate and how much your site could earn.0131 221 8100