Response from Flexitricity re the Drax Electric Insights Report Q3 2018 and its findings that the UK’s installed capacity of renewables has overtaken that of fossil fuels for the first time ever
Press Releases30 November 2018
Dr Alastair Martin, Chief Strategy Officer at demand response aggregator and business energy supplier, Flexitricity, said: “Today’s findings present a major milestone in the growth of green energy. Following the ‘year of firsts’ in 2017, which included the first coal free day, we saw wind meet nearly 30% of electricity needs during the toughest day of the year – right in the middle of the Beast from the East. ICL’s report also proves the doom merchants wrong – whatever happened to ‘Blackout Britain’?
Press Releases29 November 2018
Britain’s leading demand response aggregator, Flexitricity, has launched a new electricity and gas supply service, which will bring the flexibility of industrial and commercial energy users and small generators into the Balancing Mechanism - the real-time electricity market National Grid uses to balance supply and demand.
Press Releases11 September 2018
A project which aims to provide the first realistic opportunity for smaller commercial energy users across Britain to benefit from demand side response (DSR), has secured close to half a million in funding from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Public sector switches on to DSR: Flexitricity delivers over £1m to public sector in first four years of CCS framework
Press Releases31 July 2018
An Edinburgh-based demand side response (DSR) pioneer is calling on public services across the UK to explore their energy management potential after announcing it has delivered over £1m in revenue and cost savings to the public sector.
Press Releases28 June 2018
- Flexitricity, an Edinburgh-based energy company specialising in demand side response, has appointed a new head of supply as it prepares to launch its commercial energy supply offering later this year. -
Edinburgh company celebrates £20m in savings to UK businesses over 10 years of smart grid operations
Press Releases25 June 2018
- An Edinburgh energy company started at a kitchen table is celebrating its birthday, by announcing it has surpassed the £20 million mark in benefits for its customers, over the past 10 years of live smart grid operations. -
Press Releases01 May 2018
- Flexitricity is working with National Grid to help find new ways to stabilise the Great Britain’s electricity transmission system as the nation’s energy becomes greener and fossil fuels are phased out. -
Press Releases11 April 2018
- Increased awareness and participation is putting energy customers in the driving seat, according to DSR pioneer -
Press Releases14 February 2018
- Ameresco’s customers will benefit from enhanced Demand Side Response solutions in the UK and across Europe -
The Capacity Market: “With the value in today’s electricity market spread between capacity, balancing services and energy itself, DSR resources should play both the long game and a wide one.”
Press Releases01 February 2018
Dr Alastair Martin, Founder and CSO, Flexitricity - “As we predicted, the first T-1 top-up capacity auction, which was highly pressurised and oversubscribed, has cleared at the lowest price of any auction so far in the Government’s Capacity Market." -
Press Releases12 December 2017
- Market-leading demand response firm to launch commercial supply service and unlock benefits of balancing mechanism -
Press Releases30 May 2017
- Flexitricity expands in move to prime Edinburgh office -
Press Releases23 January 2017
- Partnership with Flexitricity turns capacity into cash -
Press Releases09 December 2016
– Demand response key to securing sustainable back-up reserve –
Press Releases18 October 2016
– Flexibility of 2,000+ CHP plants could make space for more green power –
Press Releases06 September 2016
A sudden failure at Spalding Power Station yesterday led to Flexitricity delivering emergency demand response.
Press Releases29 June 2016
- Newspaper group connects to Flexitricity’s growing network of virtual power stations -
Press Releases07 April 2016
- Flexitricity opens doors for new connections to its demand response network -
Press Releases11 February 2016
- Grid launches new system to harness wind’s full potential -
Press Releases15 December 2015
Yesterday’s unplanned shutdown of one of Scotland’s main nuclear reactors demonstrated the value of a multi-faceted energy market, with business energy users helping keep the lights on.
Press Releases10 December 2015
Industrial energy users must learn to flex their consumption to avoid new charges when the capacity market launches in 2018, according to the leading demand response provider, Flexitricity.
Why are the Lights going out - in utility company boardrooms? Asks Flexitricity's Dr Alastair Martin
Press Releases09 November 2015
EMEX 2015 presenter Dr Alastair Martin will be urging industrial and commercial (I&C) energy customers to expect more from their suppliers when he takes to the stage at the utilities and energy services seminar this Wednesday.
Press Releases04 November 2015
Dr Alastair Martin, chief strategy officer at demand response provider Flexitricity, said: “What we’re seeing is a warning from National Grid that they are unsure there is enough supply to meet demand. In other words, things are looking tight.
Press Releases21 October 2015
Britain’s largest demand response provider looks set to increase and extend its position within the Capacity Market (CM) after successfully pre-qualifying all of its submitted capacity.
Press Releases09 September 2015
Britain’s largest demand response provider says a shake-up in the country’s energy market could see businesses in all sectors become the power stations of the future.
Press Releases23 September 2014
National Grid has contracted 319MW of Demand Side Balancing Reserve (DSBR) across 431 individual sites, to be available this winter.
Press Releases08 April 2014
Alpiq has acquired the British company Flexitricity as of 7 April 2014. With this acquisition, Alpiq can support its strategy implementation by gaining access to specialised know-how and new markets in the area of decentralised energy management.
Press Releases30 January 2014
Virtual Power Plants could decarbonise electricity supplies, while reducing demand on the electricity network by harnessing power from small clusters of combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
Press Releases16 December 2013
WPD is delighted to announce the support of Thameswey Energy, through their partners Flexitricity, in agreeing to particpate in Project FALCON's Demand Response (DR) trial.
Press Releases06 February 2013
Flexitricity to deliver demand response technology to public sector through new framework agreement.