Flexitricity offers a 24/7 energy trading optimisation service and access to the Balancing Mechanism - one of the most important tools which National Grid uses to balance electricity supply and demand in real-time.
This service is available as part of our energy supply contract or now also as a standalone service (find out more about Wider Access to the Balancing Mechanism).
A lucrative opportunity for a range of asset types:
- Combined heat and power (CHP) operators, including those with private wire networks and district heating projects.
- Developers of batteries, hybrid resources and peaking or backup plants, whether behind the meter or not.
- Flexible consumers in sectors such as cold storage, water and chemicals.
- Controllable renewable resources, such as hydro, biogas, biomass or batteries co-located on wind or solar farms.
We optimise revenue from:
- Forward trading
- Day ahead trading
- Intraday trading
- Imbalance Price Optimisation (NIV chasing)
- Balancing Mechanism
- We’ve been dispatching flexibility longer than anyone else in the GB market and have built a strong reputation based on honesty and reliability.
- We receive consistently great feedback from our customers. Our recent survey shows that 93% of respondents are ‘very happy’ with the service we provide and over 96% said that our team are ‘very responsive’.
- We have a track record of securing high prices in ancillary services tender rounds and Capacity Market auctions as well as in the energy markets and the Balancing Mechanism.
- We offer access to all available energy market opportunities and ancillary services – you can rest assured you’re not missing out.
Case study - Anesco:
"Find partners that know what they’re doing and have experience in doing it. Batteries are inherently more complex to install, operate and manage in markets than something like solar. So, you want to find both operators and builders and also route to market partners that will enable you to maximise your returns."
Mike Ryan, Asset Management Director at Anesco