Market Data Analyst
Flexitricity is a demand response business which provides fast access to response and reserve energy that is delivered with a lower cost and lower emissions than conventional power stations.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated demand-side reserve services (DSR) for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity creates this reserve by aggregating small generators and flexible electrical loads into capacity groups that are made available to National Grid or one of the UK’s Distribution Network Operators for short periods when the national or local electricity system is under stress. These generation assets and electrical loads are owned by third party industrial and commercial businesses that partner with Flexitricity for market access and service provision.
To complement the core DSR business Flexitricity has developed a new energy supply offering (Flexitricity+) that is aimed at a subset of industrial and commercial customers. Launched in October 2018, Flexitricity+ provides a transparent market access for CHP operators, battery developers, small merchant generators and energy-intensive industrial sites. Using our 24-hour control room and live smart grid platform, we monetise the flexibility of our customers in on-the-day markets such as the Balancing Mechanism.
About the role
This is a full time, permanent role at the sharp edge of Flexitricity’s market development.
You will have responsibility for analysis and reports on all commercial and strategic aspects of the energy market. Your data will support all areas of the business including business growth and business case development for new products.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring a new approach to energy balancing into widespread commercial application.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Relevant training; educated to degree level
- Strong IT and data manipulation skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Competent in at least one recognised programming language, such as Python, Matlab, Visual Basic, C/C++/C# or similar
- Previous work experience within a related field or role
- Excellent presentation and report-writing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation with the ability to work alone and self-manage
- Knowledge of the electricity industry in the UK is not essential but would be an advantage
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic business.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted in relation to posts.