Accounts Assistant / Office Manager
Flexitricity is a demand response business which provides fast access to response and reserve energy that is delivered with a lower cost and lower emissions than conventional power stations.
Flexitricity pioneered aggregated demand-side reserve services (DSR) for electricity system balancing, and continues to lead this sector in volume, technical capability and innovation. Flexitricity creates this reserve by aggregating small generators and flexible electrical loads into capacity groups that are made available to National Grid or one of the UK’s Distribution Network Operators for short periods when the national or local electricity system is under stress. These generation assets and electrical loads are owned by third party industrial and commercial businesses that partner with Flexitricity for market access and service provision.
To complement the core DSR business Flexitricity has developed a new energy supply offering (Flexitricity+) that is aimed at a subset of industrial and commercial customers. Launched in October 2018, Flexitricity+ provides a transparent market access for CHP operators, battery developers, small merchant generators and energy-intensive industrial sites. Using our 24-hour control room and live smart grid platform, we monetise the flexibility of our customers in on-the-day markets such as the Balancing Mechanism.
About the role
Initially this is a hybrid role reporting to the Finance Director covering Office Management and Accounts Assistant responsibilities. The Office Manager duties are varied and will be temporary in nature to cover a planned maternity leave during 2019. The Accounts Assistant role will form the core, with duties and responsibilities increasing during 2019 as the volume and complexity of work in this are increase throughout the year. Increased sales and participation within Flexitricity+ will drive this increased requirement.
Your working day will be therefore be wide-ranging and you will need the ability to structure and adjust your time allocation and approach based on business requirements.
As Accounts Assistant, you will be expected to do the following:
- Purchase ledger processing & queries
- Processing employee expenses
- Managing accounts inboxes
- Accounts administration, including filing & organisation
- Managing admin tasks related to company pension scheme
As Office Manager, you will be expected to do the following:
- Manage the office environment, including answering the phones and meeting preparations
- Administration and managing company documents and databases
- Supporting the Directors on HR and managing our HR and health and safety platform
- Supporting the Directors in many areas, including reports, document preparation, arranging travel and meetings
- Managing staff records and training
- Managing external contractors for IT and communications
You will ideally have book keeping and office management experience with the aptitude to manage and prioritise work effectively. You must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will have good written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally.
- Sage Line 50 experience, including familiarity with department and project codes
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Good interpersonal and strong organisational skills
- Ideally 2 years plus experience working in similar role
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic business.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 37.5 hours per week / 7.5 hours per day
- Flexi hours (core hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00-16:00)
- 30 days holiday, plus 4 company holiday days (25th, 26th December & 1st, 2nd January)
- Life Insurance at 4x base salary
- Access to a Group Personal Pension – 4% Employee / 7% Employer
- Centrally located offices in Edinburgh